O European Board of Radiology (EBR), in partnership with the Brazilian College of Radiology and Image Diagnosis (CBR), will apply for the first time in Brazil, the European Radiology Diploma Test (EDiR). The test will take place during the 52nd Brazilian Congress of Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging (CBR23), which will take place from October 12th to 14th, in Rio de Janeiro (RJ). The application of the test will take place exclusively on the 12th, the first day of the event.
What is the European Diploma in Radiology (EDiR)?
EDiR is an additional qualification of excellence that serves as a tool for the standardization and accreditation of radiologists across European borders. It provides an international reference for general radiology and is official, endorsed by the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS) and the European Society of Radiology (ESR). EDiR aims to work together with existing national structures and board examinations to harmonize the level of training in Radiology in Europe.
Benefits of having EDiR
- The exam objectively verifies that radiologists have the necessary knowledge, skills and competencies at the end of their training, in accordance with the European training curriculum in radiology and diagnostic imaging.
- Having EDiR can help radiologists progress in their careers.
- Facilitates migration for physicians who choose an international career by providing an ESR-endorsed qualification as additional proof of training.
- The exam represents a significant step towards the harmonization of radiological standards across Europe.
Who can take the test at CBR 23?
Candidates must be at least in their fourth year of training in radiology at the time of the exam, be an active member of the Brazilian College of Radiology, and pre-register through the link provided below.
It is important to note that successful candidates who are in their fourth year of training at the time of the exam will have to prove one more year of supervised work to effectively receive the certification (totaling 5 years).
Documents needed to take the test
Eligible applicants who pre-apply through CBR will be notified and have their name and contact details sent to the European Board of Radiology (EBR), so that they can register directly through the EBR website.
The documents requested for registered candidates must be delivered online through the registration links or via e-mail to: diploma@myEBR.org, according to instructions made available at the time of registration. All documents must be in English and include:
- Training voucher indicating duration of radiology training and expected completion date (if not completed) issued by training institution. If his training is completed, the candidate must submit his Certificate of Completion of Training.
- Proof of experience in supervised work as a radiologist for those who have completed their training, totaling at least 5 years (including residency in radiology and diagnostic imaging).
- Active membership in the Brazilian College of Radiology.
- A scanned copy of the passport.
Remember that CBR members will have a 10% discount when paying for the exam. The membership fee will be €990 and will include access to educational material and simulation, scheduled for August 31, 2023. There will still be an additional administration fee of €30, which will be charged to all successful EDiR applicants for certification services.
For more information, visit the website https://www.myebr.org/edir/certification-of-excellence